Today’s teens are a force to be reckoned with.
Businesses focused on Millennials . . . beware! Their successors are right around the corner — promising bigger challenges, but much greater opportunities.
Drawn from original quantitative research and interviews, Marketing to Gen Z paints a fascinating portrait of the newest buyers now entering the scene. Having internalized the lessons of the Great Recession, this pivotal generation blends the pragmatism and work ethic of older generations with the high ideals and digital prowess of youth. For brands, reaching this mobile-first and socially-conscious cohort requires real change, not just tweaks to the Millennial plan.
Marketing to Gen Z offers dozens of examples and insights for connecting and conversing, including how to:
- Get past the 8-second filter
- Avoid blatant advertising and tap influencer marketing
- Reflect their values
- Understand their language and off-beat humor
- Adapt content and social media strategies
- Offer the shopping experiences they expect
- And more
By 2020, Generation Z is expected to comprise 40 percent of all consumers. The time to learn who they are and what they want is NOW.
Table of contents
- Half title
- Chapter 1: Who Is Gen Z?
- Chapter 2: Mobile and Social from Birth
- Chapter 3: New Communication Rules
- Chapter 4: A Matter of Influence
- Chapter 5: Brand Me
- Chapter 6: New Kids on the Shopping Block
- Chapter 7: Hot Brands and Cool Ideas
- Chapter 8: What’s Next?
- Appendix: Maintain COPPA Compliance
- About the Authors
- Free Sample from Marketing to Millennials by Jeff Fromm and Christie Garton
- About AMACOM Books
- Title: Marketing to Gen Z
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814439289