Filled with insights from leading Australian CEOs, Master CEOs taps into the thoughts of Australia's leading
chief executive officers or managing directors in an effort to understand why they are such outstanding leaders, and why the companies they run have delivered above-average results. Master CEOs is not only about management — it also delivers a very strong message on leadership.
To be interviewed for the book, the CEO had to be in charge of their company for at least 10 years and delivered shareholders a return greater than the share market in that period.
CEOs covered include: Gerry Harvey from Harvey Norman, Paul Little from Toll Holdings, Graham Turner from Flight Centre, David Simmons from Hills Industries and many more.
All new interviews, never before published.
Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Selecting the Master CEOs
- Chapter 2: Tough Medicine
- Chapter 3: David to Goliath
- Chapter 4: The Best Mistake I Ever Made
- Chapter 5: Making the World Little
- Chapter 6: The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music
- Chapter 7: SuperSonic
- Chapter 8: Building a Kingdom
- Chapter 9: Banks, Boats and Bundy
- Chapter 10: Soaring High
- Chapter 11: A Bloody Miracle
- Chapter 12: Out of Africa
- Chapter 13: Mining for Values
- Chapter 14: Go Gerry, Go, Go, Go
- Title: Master CEOs: Secrets of Australia's Leading CEOs
- Release date: December 2008
- Publisher(s): Wrightbooks
- ISBN: 9781118319482