We will continue our work by defining layouts for each screen. Layouts in Android are defined in XML. We will mention the most commonly used layout types and populate them with commonly used layout components.
Each layout file has one of the layout types as its top-level container. Layouts can contain other layouts with UI components and so on. We can nest it. Let's mention the most commonly used layout types:
- Linear layout: This aligns UI components in a linear order, vertically or horizontally
- Relative layout: These UI components are aligned relatively to each other
- List view layout: All items are organized in the form of a list
- Grid view layout: All items are organized in the form of a grid
- Scroll view layout: This is ...