Chapter 6. Components and Endpoints
In the previous chapters, we have seen how to implement mediation logic and routing using processors or beans. However, both expect an incoming Exchange. It's one of the key purposes of the components and endpoints—a component creates endpoints. We have two kinds of endpoints—the producer responsible for creating Exchanges and the consumer who consumes incoming Exchanges.
The components and endpoints are responsible for:
- Interacting with the external systems and Exchanges
- Providing and handling specific data formats or transformation
To understand these concepts, we will cover the following topics:
- What are components and endpoints?
- Existing components and how to use them
- How to create our own component and endpoints ...