3D Modeling and Imaging
- Chapter 21: Creating 3D Drawings
- Chapter 22: Using Advanced 3D Features
- Chapter 23: Rendering 3D Drawings
- Chapter 24: Editing and Visualizing 3D Solids
- Chapter 25: Exploring 3D Mesh and Surface Modeling
Creating 3D Drawings
Viewing an object in three dimensions gives you a sense of its true shape and form. It also helps you conceptualize your design, which results in better design decisions. In addition, using three-dimensional objects helps you communicate your ideas to those who may not be familiar with the plans, sections, and side views of your design.
A further advantage to drawing in three dimensions is that you can derive 2D drawings from your 3D models, which may take considerably less time ...