One of the most fundamental elements in a three-dimensional model of any design is the surface model. As you learned in the previous chapter, once survey information is gathered and points are set with elevations, you can proceed to turn some of that information into an intelligent surface model.
This chapter examines various methods of surface creation and editing. Then it moves into discussing ways to view, analyze, and label surfaces and explores how they interact with other parts of your project.
In this chapter, you will learn to:
- Create an existing ground surface using points.
- Modify and update a TIN surface.
- Prepare a slope analysis.
- Label surface contours and spot elevations.
- Import a point cloud into a drawing and ...