Now that you've explored the sketch options and settings, you will explore the sketching tools by placing sketches on an existing 3D part. This will give you an introduction to creating 2D sketches in 3D space. The basic workflow for creating any 2D sketch is as follows:
- Establish the plane on which you want to sketch.
- Project geometry from an existing feature to position new geometry.
- Create geometry such as lines, arcs, circles, and so on.
- Place sketch constraints on the geometry so the lines, arcs, and circles know how to relate to one another.
- Dimension the geometry so it is fully defined and there is no part of the sketch that can be accidentally adjusted.
Throughout this chapter, you will be instructed ...