Chapter 6. Creating Custom Master Shapes
In the previous chapters, we learned about importing data into Visio, how to link data to shapes, and how to use the built-in Data Graphics. These are all necessary skills, but there are more ways that Visio can take advantage of linked shape data. Shapes can be made to resize, move, change appearance, and much more. The secret is to make Master shapes that respond to data values.
In this chapter, we will learn the following topics:
- How to enhance built-in Masters
- How to create custom Masters
- How to make shapes react to Shape Data value changes
- How to share custom templates and stencils with others
- Understanding a Master and Shape instance
The normal Visio user creates a diagram by selecting a template, which ...