Chapter 8. Understanding Advanced Networking Concepts
As we've made our way through our journey into Linux network administration so far, we've covered everything from planning, setting up file servers, network services, and more. Now as we approach the end of this book, the last few chapters will round off this knowledge with information on advanced networking, security, and even troubleshooting. In this chapter, we'll take a look at several concepts that are a bit more advanced, such as subnetting, routing, and more!
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Dividing your network into subnets
- Understanding the CIDR notation
- Implementing Quality of Service (QoS)
- Understanding Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Routing TCP/IP traffic
- Creating redundant DHCP and ...