Macro and close-up photography opens up a whole new world of image-making possibilities. By getting very close to their photographic subjects, viewers will find new ways to express their creativity, create unique images, and better understand the capabilities of their equipment. In this video workshop, expert instructor Tim Grey goes through the equipment, techniques, and concepts that produce the best results in this specialized photographic style. Topics covered include concepts of macro photography, basic and advanced techniques, and using a flash. The video also includes macro photography projects that viewers can try.Well-known photographer and trainer Tim Grey presents up to 4 hours of high-quality HD video, complete with lesson files and review materials. The video is wrapped in a unique interface that allows the viewer to jump to any topic at any time. Project files used in the lessons are included so viewers can practice what they've learned, and interactive review questions help reinforce freshly gained knowledge.
Table of contents
In this chapter we'll explore the basic concepts involved in macro photography so you'll have a solid foundation upon which to build as you start taking a closer look at your photographic subjects.
- Welcome 00:01:46
- Equipment Overview 00:10:34
- Employing a Tripod 00:04:25
- The Gun Analogy 00:02:53
- Choosing a Focal Length 00:03:07
- Using an Extension Tube 00:03:47
- Autofocus for Macro 00:02:58
- Using a Focusing Rail 00:04:02
- Depth of Field Preview 00:04:15
- Using Live View 00:04:24
- Getting a Helping Hand 00:03:21
- Wind Blocking 00:02:47
- Understanding Exposure 00:05:49
- Setting ISO 00:04:11
- Understanding Effective Aperture 00:03:43
- Using a Cable Release 00:03:46
- In this chapter we'll consider some of the ways you can supplement the amount of light available in your macro photography.
- In this chapter we'll look at some of the compositional considerations related to macro photography.
- In this chapter we'll achieve extended depth of field by using multiple captures to create a composite image with a potentially infinite depth of field.
- This chapter includes several macro photography projects that show how the techniques covered in this course can be applied.
- Title: Mastering Macro Photography: Learn by Video
- Release date: July 2015
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 0132876051
You might also like
Light and Lens, 3rd Edition
The new edition of this pioneering book allows students to acquire an essential foundation for digital …
The Art of Photography, 2nd Edition
This is an updated and newly revised edition of the classic book The Art of Photography: …
Michael Freeman's Photo School Fundamentals
Photography is international best-seller Michael Freeman’s life, and in this book he works together with fellow …
Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots, Second Edition
Now that you’ve bought an amazing new DSLR, you need a book that goes beyond the …