Create and maintain Raspberry Pi-based entertainment systems in a comprehensive and fun manner. Instead of front-loading a bunch of theory and minutia, this book takes a more practical approach of showing what’s needed when it’s needed.
You'll first explore the possibilities and options available. Then you'll learn the hardware and software requirements based on various builds and projects. Finally, you'll be guided through building media centers, music players, recording studios, etc. Mastering Media with the Raspberry Pi presents all of this and more in an easy-to-understand-and-accomplish way, in plain English.
What you'll learn:
- Choose the right Pi model for your project
- Enhance your media center with peripherals and add ons
- Get the most from your music and other media
- Understand the various major media formats out there and how to work with each
Who this book is for
Students and hobbyists interested in building media centers out of their Raspberry Pis.
Table of Contents
- 1. Which RPi Model Is Right for You?
- 2. Power
- 3. Storage
- 4. Constructing a Complete Media Center
- 5. Let’s Make a Media Center
- 6. Optimizing Your Media Center
- 7. Kodi in General
- 8. Pictures and Video
- 9. A Musical Interlude with Kodi
- 10. Music Libraries
- 11. Video Libraries and Other Sources
- 12. Backup and Updating
- 13. Managing Your Libraries
- 14. System Management
- 15. Adding Add-Ons
- 16. Live TV, Netflix, Amazon, the Universe!
- 17. Conclusions and the Future
- Title: Mastering Media with the Raspberry Pi: Media Centers, Music, High End Audio, Video, and Ultimate Movie Nights
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484227282