As mentioned earlier, this is the most widely used functionality of the tool:
- Renaming is renaming the file.
- Reorganizing is renaming the file AND placing it in a subfolder that matches its object type.
The essence is captured in four commands that are again available from the Visual Studio Code command palette:
- CRS: Rename – Current File.
- CRS: Rename – All Files.
- CRS: Reorganize – Current File.
- CRS: CRS: Reorganize – All Files—note that Reorganize will move a test codeunit to the test folder.
There's also a setting to start the file renaming/reorganizing automatically when saving a .al file:
Another interesting functionality of rename/reorganize is the ability to change the ...