For .NET developers and architects, this is the ultimate guide to the principles of Dependency Injection and how to use the automating features of Ninject in the most effective way. Packed with examples, diagrams, and illustrations.
- Create loosely coupled applications by implementing dependency injection using Ninject
- Learn how to design an enterprise application so as to maximize its maintainability, extensibility and testability
- Automate the process of dealing with the dependencies of your application and object lifetimes
- Address the cross-cutting concerns of your applications in the easiest way
- Full of real-life, step-by-step examples and clear code samples
Dependency injection is an approach to creating loosely coupled applications. Maintainability, testability, and extensibility are just a few advantages of loose coupling. Ninject is a software library which automates almost everything that we need in order to implement a dependency injection pattern.
Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection will teach you everything you need to know in order to implement dependency injection using Ninject in a real-life project. Not only does it teach you about Ninject core framework features that are essential for implementing dependency injection, but it also explores the power of Ninject’s most useful extensions and demonstrates how to apply them.
Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection starts by introducing you to dependency injection and what it’s meant for with the help of sufficient examples.
Eventually, you’ll learn how to integrate Ninject into your practical project and how to use its basic features. Also, you will go through scenarios wherein advanced features of Ninject, such as Multi-binding, Contextual binding, providers, factories and so on, come into play. As you progress, Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection will show you how to create a multilayer application that demonstrates the use of Ninject on different application types such as MVC, WPF, WCF, and so on. Finally, you will learn the benefits of using the powerful extensions of Ninject.
Table of Contents
Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection
- Table of Contents
- Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- 1. Understanding Dependency Injection
2. Getting Started with Ninject
- Hello Ninject!
- It's all about Binding
- Object Lifetime
- Ninject modules
- XML configuration
- Convention over configuration
3. Meeting Real-world Requirements
- DI patterns and antipatterns
- Multi binding and contextual binding
- Custom providers
- Dynamic factories
- 4. Ninject in Action
- 5. Doing More with Extensions
- Title: Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782166207