Manually installing PuppetDB
puppetlabs/puppetdb module does a great job of installing PuppetDB and getting you running quickly. Unfortunately, it also obscures a lot of the configuration details. In the enterprise, you'll need to know how all the parts fit together. We will now install PuppetDB manually using the following five steps:
- Install Puppet and PuppetDB.
- Install and configure PostgreSQL.
- Configure PuppetDB to use PostgreSQL.
- Start PuppetDB and open firewall ports.
- Configure the Puppet master to use PuppetDB.
Installing Puppet and PuppetDB
To manually install PuppetDB, start with a fresh machine and install the
puppetlabs-pc1 repository, as in previous examples. We'll call this new server
puppetdb-manual.example.com to differentiate it from ...