Configure servers in large infrastructures with ease using Puppet
About This Video
- Learn advanced configuration techniques using PuppetDB
- Manage complex Puppet code with the Code Manager
- Use Puppet's advanced features to manage jobs through orchestration
Puppet is a configuration management system that helps you automate all your IT configurations, giving you control of what you do to each node, when you do it, and how you do it.
This course will take your knowledge of Puppet to an advanced level, and covers the latest and most advanced Puppet features. You will explore advanced techniques to deal with centralized and decentralized Puppet deployments and take control of your servers and desktops. Via interesting examples, learn how to automate Puppet deployment for configuration management and to automate every aspect of your systems including provisioning, deployment, and change management. You will integrate Puppet with Jenkins and Git to build an effective workflow for multiple teams and use the new Puppet Tasks feature and the latest Puppet Orchestrator language extensions.
By the end of this course, you will be confident and skilled enough to scale and troubleshoot Puppet and overcome issues faced in larger deployments with real-world examples.
This course is suitable for system administrators and developers, particularly those working in production environments and who are looking for ways to use Puppet in enterprise environments. Requirement: An intermediate-level knowledge of Puppet is assumed.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started
- Chapter 2 : Architecting Puppet for Scalability, Redundancy, and Performance
- Chapter 3 : Virtualization
- Chapter 4 : Puppet Reporting
- Chapter 5 : Using PuppetDB
- Chapter 6 : Extending Puppet Functionalities
- Chapter 7 : Puppet Testing and Troubleshooting
- Chapter 8 : Puppet Enterprise
- Title: Mastering Puppet 6 for Large Infrastructures
- Release date: May 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838647674
You might also like
Puppet 5 Beginner's Guide - Third Edition
Puppet 5 Beginner’s Guide, Third Edition is a practical guide that gets you up and running …
Puppet 5 Cookbook - Fourth Edition
Write custom plugins for Puppet, including facts, providers, and functions About This Book Grasp recipes that …
Hands-On Infrastructure Automation with Puppet 6
Learn how to use Puppet to automate your infrastructure About This Video Deploy puppet masters, and …
Getting Started with Kubernetes LiveLessons, 2nd Edition
6+ Hours of Video Instruction More than six and a half hours of video instruction, including …