We can use Python to extend ntop through the ntop web server. The ntop web server can execute Python scripts. At a high level, the scripts will perform the following:
- Methods to access the state of ntop
- The Python CGI module to process forms and URL parameters
- Making templates that generate dynamic HTML pages
- Each Python script can read from stdin and print out stdout/stderr
- The stdout script is the returned HTTP page
There are several resources that come in handy with the Python integration. Under the web interface, you can click on About|Show Configuration to see the Python interpreter version as well as the directory for your Python script:
You can also check the various directories where the ...