Qt is a powerful, cross-platform, graphics development framework. It provides a large set of consistent, standardized libraries and works on many major platforms, including embedded, mobile, desktop, and the web.
In this course, we will cover advanced Qt topics. This includes an in-depth dive into custom model-views, showcasing the power and flexibility of the model-view architecture.
We will also work with Qt’s web offerings, learning how to extend applications by using the World Wide Web.
This course also looks into multimedia capture/manipulation (both sound and video), which play key roles in the mobile arena. Continuing the mobile trend, you will be walked through Qt's mobile offerings, including QtQuick, QML, and communicating between C++ and QML. With the advanced concepts of mobile covered, you will explore animations, graphical effects, and 3-dimensional manipulation.
Towards the end of this course, you will be able to harness advanced models, 3D, the web, and multimedia to build user interfaces, starting from development all the way to cross-platform distribution.
What You Will Learn
- Create advanced, custom model views and web views
- Show web contents in your GUI applications
- Extend your applications by incorporating the World Wide Web
- Communicate between Qt and Qt Quick, and advanced Qt Quick widgets and visual effects
- Play and capture multimedia and create 3D content in Qt
- Package Qt applications across different platforms and make the developer s life much easier
This course will appeal to Qt developers who wish to take their skill sets in Qt 5 to the next level. Basic Qt and C++ programming skills are assumed and will be needed in this course.
About The Author
Benjamin Hoff: Benjamin Hoff is a Mechanical Engineer by education, he has spent the first 3 years of his career doing graphics processing, desktop application development, and facility simulation using a mixture of C++ and python under the tutelage of a professional programmer. After rotating back into a mechanical engineering job, Benjamin has continued to develop software utilizing the skills he developed during his time as a professional programmer.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Moving Beyond GUI Applications
- Chapter 2 : Diving into Model View
- Chapter 3 : Interacting with Web
- Chapter 4 : Controlling Multimedia
- Chapter 5 : Communicating with Qt
- Chapter 6 : Visual Representations
- Chapter 7 : Qt on Desktop
- Chapter 8 : Qt on Mobile
- Title: Mastering Qt 5 GUI Programming
- Release date: June 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787287938
You might also like
Microsoft Power BI - The Complete Masterclass [2023 EDITION]
Microsoft Power BI is an interactive data visualization software primarily focusing on business intelligence, part of …
Full Stack Web Development Mastery Course - Novice to Expert
Full stack development refers to the development of both frontend (client-side) and backend (server-side) portions of …
Statistics and Mathematics for Data Science and Data Analytics
If you aim for a career in data science or data analytics, this course will equip …
React - The Complete Guide (Includes Hooks, React Router, and Redux) - Second Edition
**This course is now updated for the latest version of React—React 18** React.js is the most …