Chapter 4. Posts, Pages, and User Interactions on Facebook
In a book about social media mining, the reader probably expects a chapter about Facebook. Launched in 2004, and initially limited to Harvard students, today Facebook is a multi-billion dollar company with nearly 1.5 billion monthly active users. Its popularity makes it an extremely interesting playground for data mining.
In this chapter, we will discuss the following topics:
- Creating an app to interact with the Facebook platform
- Interacting with the Facebook Graph API
- Mining posts from the authenticated user
- Mining Facebook Pages, visualizing posts, and measuring engagement
- Building a word cloud from a set of posts
The Facebook Graph API
The Facebook Graph API is at the core of the Facebook ...