- Add a new package to the AdventureWorksETL project. Rename it ProcessingExcel.dtsx.
- Add a new package-level Excel connection manager. Rename it Excel_Ch11_Orders. Point to your Excel file path and define your Excel version appropriately, as shown in the following screenshot:
- Add a Data Flow task to the control flow. Rename it to ProcessExcelOrders. Open the Data Flow tab.
- Add an Excel source. Double-click it to open the editor.
- Using the Connection Manager tab, define the Excel connection manager. Point to the Excel_Ch11_Orders connection manager you just created. Use the Table or view data access mode. Select Sheet1$ in ...
Get Mastering SQL Server 2017 now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.