Creating and Configuring Storage Devices
The storage infrastructure supporting VMware vSphere has always been a critical element of any virtual infrastructure. This chapter will help you with all the elements required for a proper storage subsystem design, starting with vSphere storage fundamentals at the datastore and VM level and extending to best practices for configuring the storage array. Good storage design is critical for anyone building a virtual datacenter.
In this chapter, you will learn to
- Differentiate and understand the fundamentals of shared storage, including SANs and NAS
- Understand vSphere storage options
- Configure storage at the vSphere layer
- Configure storage at the VM layer
- Leverage best practices for SAN and NAS ...