Manage vRealize operations manager 6.6 effectively using this comprehensive guide.
About This Book
- Get complete control of capacity management in your virtual environment
- Display the most appropriate performance metrics and assemble your own dashboard
- Analyze and process data from different sources into a single repository
- Optimize vRealize Automation workload placement
Who This Book Is For
If you are an administrator of a virtual environment and have used vRealize Operations before but want to gain a professional understanding by easily implementing complex tasks with it, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Discover advanced vRealize Operations concepts and design your processes effectively for the underlying architecture
- Plan and install a new version or upgrade from a previous one
- Apply proven capacity management theories and techniques in practical, real-world environments
- Manipulate data and metrics to display them in the most effective way possible
- Create custom views and dashboards fit for any use case
- Explore how policies have evolved in vRealize Operations 6.6 and how to apply them in the most effective manner
In the modern IT world, the criticality of managing the health, efficiency, and compliance of virtualized environments is more important than ever. With vRealize Operations Manager 6.6, you can make a difference to your business by being reactive rather than proactive.
Mastering vRealize Operations Manager helps you streamline your processes and customize the environment to suit your needs. You will gain visibility across all devices in the network and retain full control. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and support images, you will quickly master the ability to manipulate your data and display it in a way that best suits you and your business or technical requirements.
This book not only covers designing, installing, and upgrading vRealize Operations 6.6, but also gives you a deep understanding of its building blocks: badges, alerts, super metrics, views, dashboards, management packs, and plugins. With the new vRealize Operations 6.6 troubleshooting capabilities, capacity planning, intelligent workload placement, and additional monitoring capabilities, this book is aimed at ensuring you get the knowledge to manage your virtualized environment as effectively as possible.
Style and approach
A step-by-step practical approach guide that help you learn new features of vRealize operations manager 6.6.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright and Credits
- Packt Upsell
Going Ahead with vRealize Operations
- ROI with vRealize Operations
- What can vRealize Operations do?
- vRealize Operations key component architecture
- vRealize Operations node types
- Multi-node deployment, HA, and scalability
- High Availability in vRealize Operations 6.6
- Which vRealize Operations Deployment Model Fits Your Needs
Initial Setup and Configuration
- Meeting the requirements
- Installation steps, formats, and types
Installation and upgrade
- Installing a new vRealize Operations instance
- Expanding the existing installation
- Enabling High Availability
- Finalizing the new installation
- Upgrading from vRealize Operations 6.2.x or later
- Extending vRealize Operations with Management Packs and Plugins
- What are vRealize Operations badges?
- Understanding the Health badge
- Understanding the Risk badge
- Understanding the Efficiency badge
Getting a Handle on Alerting and Notifications
- What are symptoms, recommendations, and actions?
- Creating symptoms, recommendations, and alerts
- What are policies?
- Alert notifications
Capacity Management Made Easy
- Resource capacity
- Capacity management for vRealize Operations policies
Defining the correct capacity management policies for your environment
- Resource containers
- Demand versus allocation
- Setting overcommitment
- Accounting for peaks
- High Availability and buffers (usable capacity)
- Custom Datacenter
- Aligning vRealize Operations with Business Outcomes
Super Metrics Made Super Easy
- What are super metrics and when do I use them?
- What's new with super metrics?
- Metric terminology and definitions
- Super metric types
- Building your own super metrics
- Associating super metrics with objects
- Using operators in super metrics
- Comparing super metrics to views
Creating Custom Views
- What's new in views and reports in vRealize Operations 6.6?
- Views in vRealize Operations
- Reports in vRealize Operations
- Creating Custom Dashboards
Using vRealize Operations to Monitor Applications
- What is Endpoint Operations Management?
- Managing the Endpoint Operations Management Agent
- Viewing and collecting metrics
- Other Endpoint Operations Management monitoring functionalities
Leveraging vRealize Operations for vSphere and vRealize Automation Workload Placement
- What is Intelligent Workload Placement?
- The Workload Balance dashboard
- Rebalancing workloads with vRealize Operations and DRS
- Automated rebalancing
- vRealize Automation Workload Placement with vRealize Operations
- Using vRealize Operations for Infrastructure Compliance
- Troubleshooting vRealize Operations
- Other Books You May Enjoy
- Title: Mastering vRealize Operations Manager - Second Edition
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788474870
You might also like
Mastering VMware vSphere 6.7 - Second Edition
Unleash the benefits of VMware vSphere 6.7 to provide a powerful, flexible and secure digital infrastructure …
VMware vSphere 6.5 Cookbook - Third Edition
Deploy and manage VMware vSphere 6.5 components with ease. About This Book Simplified and to-the-point theory …
Mastering Ansible - Third Edition
Design, develop, and solve real-world automation and orchestration problems by unlocking the automation capabilities of Ansible. …
VMware Cross-Cloud Architecture
Enhance your virtualization skills by mastering storage and network virtualization with automation across different Clouds About …