In this video, Max Firtman explains the technology central to mobile web development: the webview. He identifies the webviews available today and shows you how to properly configure them for optimal performance and security. You’ll explore the differences between UIWebView and WKWebView on iOS, compare Android webviews, examine available third party tools, learn how to use an embedded webview, and practice debugging techniques. “Mastering Webviews” is part of Firtman’s Mobile Web App Development Video Learning Path. It will be especially useful to developers already familiar with Android Java development, Android Studio, iOS Xcode or iOS Swift.
- Review the webviews available on the Android and iOS platforms
- Learn which webview APIs are supported by the Android and iOS platforms
- Learn how to set the basic webviews on Android and iOS for local and remote content
- Use WebView on Android and WKWebView on iOS to customize storage, gestures, and the UI
- Use WebView on Android and WKWebView on iOS to create a native-web bridge
- Embed a webview using Project Crosswalk for Android
- Debug webview content using emulators and Remote Inspectors
- Practice techniques for managing webview performance issues and security concerns
Maximiliano Firtman, founder of ITMaster Professional Training, is a mobile+web developer, trainer, speaker, writer, and Adobe Community Champion.
Table of Contents
- Welcome 00:03:58
- Basic WebViews
- Advanced iOS
- Advanced Android
- Conclusion 00:02:45
- Title: Mastering Web Views
- Release date: January 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491950906