Going beyond standard introductory texts, Mathematical Optics: Classical, Quantum, and Computational Methods brings together many new mathematical techniques from optical science and engineering research. Profusely illustrated, the book makes the material accessible to students and newcomers to the field.
Divided into six parts, the text presents state-of-the-art mathematical methods and applications in classical optics, quantum optics, and image processing.
- Part I describes the use of phase space concepts to characterize optical beams and the application of dynamic programming in optical waveguides.
- Part II explores solutions to paraxial, linear, and nonlinear wave equations.
- Part III discusses cutting-edge areas in transformation optics (such as invisibility cloaks) and computational plasmonics.
- Part IV uses Lorentz groups, dihedral group symmetry, Lie algebras, and Liouville space to analyze problems in polarization, ray optics, visual optics, and quantum optics.
- Part V examines the role of coherence functions in modern laser physics and explains how to apply quantum memory channel models in quantum computers.
- Part VI introduces super-resolution imaging and differential geometric methods in image processing.
As numerical/symbolic computation is an important tool for solving numerous real-life problems in optical science, many chapters include Mathematica® code in their appendices. The software codes and notebooks as well as color versions of the book’s figures are available at www.crcpress.com.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- PART I Special Problems in Ray Optics
- PART II Mathematical Formalism in Wave Optics
- PART III Plasmonics
- PART IV Applications of Group Theory in Optics
- PART V Quantum Optics Methods
- PART VI Computational Optics/Image Processing
- Title: Mathematical Optics
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): CRC Press
- ISBN: 9781351832854
You might also like
Practical Electronic Design for Experimenters
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
The Reinforcement Learning Workshop
Start with the basics of reinforcement learning and explore deep learning concepts such as deep Q-learning, …
Raspberry Pi Cookbook, 3rd Edition
With millions of new users and several new models, the Raspberry Pi ecosystem continues to expand—along …
Programming AWS Lambda
Serverless revolutionizes the way organizations build and deploy software. With this hands-on guide, Java engineers will …