THE PATH FORWARD
To recap the path offered in this book, the following seven steps need to be taken or retaken, in order to get an organization ready to achieve the business benefits that are possible and available and to deal with redesign issues that will inevitably occur at all levels of the enterprise:
1. Create a vision.
2. Foster leadership education.
3. Catalogue Return on Investment potential.
4. Create an analysis for each of the five streams.
5. Merge the analyses.
6. Establish program governance.
7. Establish executive support function.
This action plan for implementation describes a change in the management approach and in the operations, rather than a onetime project to achieve a onetime result. Here is a detailed breakdown of the seven steps.
1. Create a vision. Establish a vision for the corporation that includes a broad view of the objectives that will be included. We tend to think of corporate vision at the CEO levels as being focused on products, markets, and strategic goals. Optimization of the business processes toward the objective of finding the lowest cost and the highest quality, business processes must be a part of that vision. Regardless of the business involved, inefficiencies in how the business operates are best represented by any undiscovered or unrecovered potential Return on Investment that creates an opportunity for competitors to gain an advantage in the market. The best defense against competition is to achieve industry-leading efficiency. ...