LinuxONE® is a hardware system that is designed to support and use the Linux operating system based on the value of its unique underlying architecture. LinuxONE can be used within a private and multi-cloud environment to support a range of workloads and service various needs.
On LinuxONE, security is built into the hardware and software.
This IBM® Redpaper® publication gives a broad understanding of how to use the various security features that make the most of and complement the LinuxONE hardware security features, including the following examples:
- Hardware accelerated encryption of data, which is delivered with near-zero overhead by the on-chip Central Processor Assist for Cryptographic Function (CPACF) and a dedicated Crypto Express adapter.
- Virtualization and industry-leading isolation capabilities with PR/SM, EAL 5+ LPARs, DPM, KVM, and IBM z/VM®.
- The IBM Secure Service Container technology, which provides workload isolation, restricted administrator access, and tamper protection against internal threats, including from systems administrators.
- Other technologies that use LinuxONE security capabilities and practical use cases for these technologies.
This publication was written for IT executives, architects, specialists, security administrators, and others who consider security for LinuxONE.
Table of contents
- Front cover
Chapter 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Introduction to LinuxONE
- 1.2 Enterprise Security Challenges
- 1.3 IBM LinuxONE servers
- Chapter 2. Core security technologies on LinuxONE
Chapter 3. Users of security on LinuxONE
- 3.1 IBM Secure Service Container
- 3.2 IBM Data Privacy Passports
- 3.3 IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Services
- 3.4 IBM Fibre Channel Endpoint security
- 3.5 Cryptographic Key Management for LinuxONE
Chapter 4. Use cases
- 4.1 Containers and data encryption use case
- 4.2 Database and volume encryption use case
- 4.3 Hyper Protect Digital Asset Platform
- Chapter 5. IBM Blockchain Platform with IBM LinuxONE
- Appendix A. Reference guide
- Back cover
- Title: Maximizing Security with LinuxONE
- Release date: August 2020
- Publisher(s): IBM Redbooks
- ISBN: 9780738458984
You might also like
Modern Python Cookbook - Second Edition
Complete recipes spread across 15 chapters to help you overcome commonly faced issues by Python for …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Tiny Python Projects
The projects are tiny, but the rewards are big: each chapter in Tiny Python Projects challenges …