Learn the Git version control system through visual examples and step-by-step explanations in this in-depth video course. Experts Matthew McCullough and Tim Berglund demonstrate how Git not only incorporates the best features of existing source control systems, but also includes unique distributed capabilities that make version control commands available without connectivity, allowing you to choose when to interact with a network.
Explore the full spectrum of Git, from the foundations of how objects are hashed to the practical commands you need to be productive every day. Through live demos, you'll learn in detail how each of Git's new terms and commands works in practice, and discover how this unique distributed version control system compares to centralized systems such as Subversion. You'll also get workflow ideas and practical tips to help you get started most effectively with this revolutionary source code control system.
Table of Contents
- Setting Up Git and Configuring Git 00:15:35
- Three Stage Thinking, The Git File Workflow and Speed 00:55:20
- Cloning Repositories 00:18:46
- Command Composition, Storage and Hashes 00:50:36
- Branches 00:43:05
- Remotes 00:23:44
- Tagging 00:19:21
- Merging 00:23:05
- Rebasing 00:21:08
- Undo and Bonus Tips 00:37:58
- Title: McCullough and Berglund on Mastering Git
- Release date: February 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449304737