CHAPTER 9Stored Procedures
In this chapter, you will learn about:
• Stored procedure uses and benefits
• Stored procedure types
• Error handling including TRY CATCH
• Creating user-defined stored procedures
• Stored procedure security
• CLR-integrated stored procedures
Success is more a function of consistent common sense than it is of genius.
Stored procedures are powerful. We have the capability of encapsulating complex business logic, enhancing security, preventing SQL injection attacks, reducing network traffic, and much more through the use of stored procedures. And once created, all you have to do is grant Execute permission to allow users to run them—no matter how complex the logic or how many tables are accessed. ...