There are a few cardinal rules to answering exam questions. The foremost one is answer the question. You will get no reduction in score for incorrect answers, but you will absolutely get no points if you do not answer. Always answer.
Besides that, consider these points as you address questions:
- Always make sure you have read the question thoroughly
- Do not assume that you know the question before you have read it all through
- Do not assume you know the answer before you have read the question
- Make sure that you have read and understood all requirements
- There is no trickery
- There are no hidden requirements
- Only take into account what is stated
- Take into account all that is stated
- Do not read other things into the question than stated
- Do ...