Creating and Managing DHCP Scopes
You can use any number of DHCP servers on a single physical network if you divide the range of addresses you want assigned into multiple scopes. Each scope contains a number of useful pieces of data, but before you can understand them, you need to know some additional terminology.
You can perform the following management tasks on DHCP scopes:
- Create a scope.
- Configure scope properties.
- Configure reservations and exclusions.
- Set scope options.
- Activate and deactivate scopes.
- Create a superscope.
- Create a multicast scope.
- Integrate Dynamic DNS and DHCP.
We will cover each task in the following sections.
Creating a New Scope in IPv4
Like many other things in Windows Server 2008 R2, the process of creating a new ...