Chapter 6. Managing User Authentication Using Passport
Passport is a robust piece of Node.js authentication middleware that helps you to authenticate requests sent to your Express application. Passport uses strategies to utilize both local authentication and OAuth authentication providers, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Using Passport strategies, you'll be able to seamlessly offer different authentication options to your users while maintaining a unified User model. In this chapter, you'll go through the following basic features of Passport:
- Understanding Passport strategies
- Integrating Passport into your user's MVC architecture
- Using Passport's local strategy to authenticate users
- Utilizing Passport OAuth strategies
- Offering authentication ...