Book descriptionIn an online and social media world, measurement is the key to success
If you can measure your key business relationships, you can improve them. Even though relationships are "fuzzy and intangible," they can be measured and managed-with powerful results.
Measure What Matters explains simple, step-by-step procedures for measuring customers, social media reputation, influence and authority, the media, and other key constituencies.
- Based on hundreds of case studies about how organizations have used measurement to improve their reputations, strengthen their bottom lines, and improve efficiencies all around
- Learn how to collect the data that will help you better understand your competition, do strategic planning, understand key strengths and weaknesses, and better respond to customer preferences
- Author runs a successful blog and serves as a measurement consultant to companies such as Facebook, Southwest Airlines, Raytheon, and Allstate
Don't draw conclusions or make key decisions based on guesswork. Instead, Measure What Matters and the difference will show in the most important measure: your bottom line.
Table of contents
- Title Page
Part 1: Not Your Father’s Ruler
Chapter 1: You Can Now Measure Everything, but You Won’t Survive Without the Metrics that Matter to Your Business
- Social Media Isn’t about Media, It’s about the Community in which You Do Business
- Measurement Is So Much More than Counting
- What Really Matters to Your Business?
- Why Measure at All?
- Dispelling the Myths of Measurement
- Measurement, the Great Opportunity: Where Are Most Companies in Terms of Measurement and Where Could They Be?
- Chapter 2: How to Get Started
Chapter 3: Seven Steps to the Perfect Measurement Program: How to Prove Your Results and Use Your Results to Improve
- Step 1: Define Your Goals and Objectives: Why Are You Launching This Plan or Pursuing This Strategy? What Is the “R” in the ROI That You Are Seeking to Measure?
- Step 2: Define Your Environment, Your Audiences, and Your Role in Influencing Them
- Step 3: Define Your Investment: What Will It Cost? What Is the “I” in ROI?
- Step 4: Determine Your Benchmarks
- Step 5: Define Your Key Performance Indicators: What Are the Metrics You Will Report With?
- Step 6: Select the Right Measurement Tool and Vendors and Collect Data
- Step 7: Turn Data into Action: Analyze Data, Draw Actionable Conclusions, and Make Recommendations
Chapter 4: Yes, You Can Afford to Measure: Choosing the Right Measurement Tool for the Job
- How to Decide What Tool Is Right for You: The Right Tool Depends on the Job
- Tools to Determine What Your Marketplace Is Saying: Media Content Analysis
- Tools to Determine What Your Marketplace Is Thinking: Opinion Research and Surveys
- Tools to Determine What Your Marketplace Is Doing: Web Analytics and Behavioral Metrics
- What’s It Really Going to Cost?
- Chapter 1: You Can Now Measure Everything, but You Won’t Survive Without the Metrics that Matter to Your Business
Part 2: How to Measure What People Are Saying about You Online and Off
- Chapter 5: How to Measure Marketing, Public Relations, and Advertising in a Social Media World
- Chapter 6: How to Use Numbers to Get Closer to Your Customers
- Chapter 7: Measuring the Impact of Events, Sponsorships, and Speaking Engagements
- Chapter 8: How to Measure Influencers and Thought Leadership
- Chapter 9: Measuring Relationships with Your Local Community
- Chapter 10: Measuring What Your Employees Think
- Chapter 11: Threats to Your Reputation: How to Measure Crises
- Chapter 12: Measuring Relationships with Salespeople, Channel Partners, and Franchisees
- Chapter 13: Measurement for Nonprofits
- Chapter 14: Measure What Matters in Higher Education: How to Get an A in Measurement
- Epilogue: Whither Measurement?
- Appendix 1: The Grunig Relationship Survey
- Appendix 2: Measurement Resources
- Title: Measure What Matters
- Release date: March 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470920107
You might also like
Objectives and Key Results
Everything you need to implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) effectively Objectives and Key Results is …
Public Relations Theory
The comprehensive guide to applied PR theory in the 21st century Public Relations Theory explores the …
Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
The guide to creating engaging web content and building a loyal following, revised and updated Blogs, …
"Does technology actually matter? And how can we apply technology to drive business value? For years, …