CHAPTER 6: WHAT IT PROVIDERS NEED TO MEASURE
An IT provider is interested in whether:
- the service is operating according to the contracts or SLAs it has with its clients;
- it is satisfying customers and is thus well regarded; it has effective strategic-level engagement with clients;
- it is perceived as offering value for money. More than that, it is actually operating efficiently and effectively;
- incidents and problems are being managed effectively with prompt resolutions and good customer communications;
- changes are handled well and introduced with either no or, at worst, few unwanted side effects;
- ‘under the bonnet’ processes are performing as they should; we come back to this topic in the next chapter.
An enlightened provider will also be ...