This book provides executives with an in-depth look at the consequences of M&As for acquired top management teams. It examines M&As as a corporate growth strategy, the importance of top management teams to a firm's long-term performance, the reasons why executives depart after an acquisition, and the effects of these departures on target company performance.
Table of Contents
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Chapter 1: Turmoil in Top Management Teams Following Mergers and Acquisitions
- Chapter 2: Mergers and Acquisitions
- Chapter 3: Top Management Teams
- Chapter 4: Do Mergers and Acquisitions Create Value?
- Chapter 5: Why Mergers Fail
- Chapter 6: Executive Turnover and Postmerger Performance
- Chapter 7: Before the Merger: Merger Motivations and Objectives
- Chapter 8: After the Merger: Why Executives Stay or Leave
- Chapter 9: Conclusion
- Title: Mergers and Acquisitions
- Release date: December 2009
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781606490570