Over the last decade Lean and Six Sigma methods and tools have helped organizations improve to historic productivity levels with the data driven, systematic elimination of waste and improvement of flow. Today many organizations have enjoyed the benefits of Lean and Six sigma initiatives, and are looking more to sustain the gains, and aggressively drive a systematic and on-going approach to improvement and problem solving. The concept of diminishing returns applies here, when in the early stages, organizations were able to find "low-hanging fruit" and to quickly make significant improvements. Now the easy work is done, and organizations need a simple yet systematic approach to continuing their continuous improvement efforts.
Operations and supply chain leaders will benefit from this book by developing a clear understanding of why and how metric scorecards and dashboards can be used as a powerful data driven improvement tool. This book illustrates visual management, scorecards, and dashboards for a full range of organizations, and focuses on Operations and Supply Chain Management areas. By covering these tools in these environments in a story book format, organization leaders can begin to understand how these methods and tools can be applied in their organizations.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Chapter 1 The Organizational Measurement Challenge: What’s the Score? Are We Winning?
- Chapter 2 Measuring Operations and Supply Chain Performance: Winners Work
- Chapter 3 Organizational Measurement Methods and Tools: Training Day
- Chapter 4 Developing Organizational Measures: The Plan
- Chapter 5 Key Enablers—Policy Deployment, Accountability Sessions, Employee Training and Involvement, and Improvement Tool Selection and Application
- Chapter 6 Using Scorecards and Dashboards: Working the Plan
- Chapter 7 Case Review: Metrics in Action!
- Chapter 8 Making Cultural Transitions
- Chapter 9 Achieving, Sustaining, and Celebrating Success
- Ad Page
- Title: Metric Dashboards for Operations and Supply Chain Excellence
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781606497692
You might also like
Data Analysis with Microsoft Power BI
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
The Big Book of Dashboards
The definitive reference book with real-world solutions you won't find anywhere else The Big Book of …
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …
Storytelling with Data
Influence action through data! This is not a book. It is a one-of-a-kind immersive learning experience …