Tired of the 9-to-5 grind and want a way to earn or to supplement your income? Easy.
The media has named the growing trend toward micro-entrepreneurship "the Rise of the Creative Class," "the Gig Life," or "the freelance economy." All of those refer to the nearly 4 million workers who were self-employed this past year, and millions of others who currently supplement their income with freelance work. While the trend has been spotted before, there's one stark difference between micro-entrepreneurs today and the "Free Agent Nation" citizens of the late '90s: technology. Micro-Entrepreneurship For Dummies shows you how to navigate this confusing technological landscape in order to make a contributable profit.
Micro-Entrepreneurship For Dummies aids you in making the best use of micro-entrepreneurial platforms, with helpful advice that includes information on signing up for and selling products on websites such as Airbnb, Craigslist, Taskrabbit, Uber, and Etsy.
Micro-enterprise, using online platforms to sell products or services,??is a proven way to earn extra money and supplement household income
In today's struggling economy, the importance of self-run businesses and small enterprise is growing as more people take lower-paying jobs and need a little extra spending money
Shows you how to sign up for and sell products online
Micro-Entrepreneurship For Dummies appeals to anyone looking to earn or supplement their income from home.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Part I: Getting Started with Micro-Entrepreneurship
Part II: Finding Great Micro-Entrepreneurship Ideas
- Chapter 6: Creating Your Arts and Crafts Micro-Business from Scratch
- Chapter 7: Selling Other Stuff: The Golden Rules of Success
- Chapter 8: Selling Your Services
- Chapter 9: Writing for Money
- Chapter 10: Getting Into Self-Publishing
- Chapter 11: Being a Successful Affiliate
- Chapter 12: Cashing In on Advertising
Part III: Marketing and Selling Your Micro-Business
- Chapter 13: Understanding Your Marketing Approach
- Chapter 14: Communicating with Prospective Customers
- Chapter 15: Utilizing Search Engine Strategies to Market Your Business
- Chapter 16: Using Blogs and Ezines in Your Marketing Plan
- Chapter 17: Marketing through Social Media
- Chapter 18: Implementing Other Marketing Strategies
- Part IV: Considering Taxes and Legal Issues
- Part V: The Part of Tens
- Title: Micro-Entrepreneurship For Dummies
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781118591864