Micro-independent software vendors, or micro-ISVs, have become both a major source of applications and a realistic career alternative for IT professionals. As for the latter, are you a programmer and curious about being your own boss? Where do you turn for information? Until now, online and traditional literature havent caught up with the reality of the post-dot com bust.
Micro-ISV: From Vision to Reality explains what works and why in today's emerging micro-ISV sector. Currently, thousands of programmers build and deliver great solutions ISV-style, earning success and revenues much larger than you might guess. Written by and for micro-ISVs, with help from some of the leaders of the field, this book takes you beyond just daydreaming to running your own business. It thoroughly explores how it is indeed possible to launch and maintain a small and successful ISV business, and is an ideal read if you're interested in getting started.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewers
- CHAPTER 1: Having a Vision
- CHAPTER 2: Developing the Micro-ISV Way
- CHAPTER 3: Presenting the Product
- CHAPTER 4: Business Is Business
- CHAPTER 5: Focusing on the Customer
- CHAPTER 6: Welcome to Your Industry
- CHAPTER 7: What Happens Next?
- Title: Micro-ISV: From Vision to Reality
- Release date: January 2006
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781590596012