The MCS51 Microcontroller
The 8051, like many microcontrollers, has the CPU, memory and I/O (Input/Output) integrated together in a flexible and extendable manner. It is an established product which is very popular in many different industries. The core features of the device are
• 8-bit CPU optimized for control applications
• Extensive Boolean processing (single-bit logic) capabilities
• 64K Program Memory address space
• 64K Data Memory address space
• 4K bytes of on-chip Program Memory
• 128 bytes of on-chip Data RAM
• 32 bidirectional and individually addressable I/O lines
• Two 16-bit timer/counters
• Full duplex UART
• 6-source/5-vector interrupt structure with two priority levels
• On-chip clock oscillator.
The basic architectural ...