“The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.”
—Peter F. Drucker (writer, professor)
10.2 Analog-to-Digital Conversion
10.5 A Project with Analog Capture
Upon completion of this chapter you should be able to
1. Appreciate the differences between analog and digital quantities.
2. Draw a block diagram for a general data acquisition system.
3. Understand the process of analog-to-digital conversion.
4. Calculate range, step voltage, and resolution.
5. Calculate the digital quantity translated from any analog input.
6. Verify the computed digital output code for an analog-to-digital converter.
Get Microcontroller Programming now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.