Is microservice architecture right for your organization? These services have many benefits, but they also come with their own set of drawbacks. In this hands-on, example-driven guide, Java developers and architects will learn how to navigate popular application frameworks, such as Dropwizard and Spring Boot, and how to deploy and manage microservices at scale with Linux containers.
Adopting microservices requires much more than changes to your technology. Author Christian Posta—a Principal Middleware Specialist/Architect at Red Hat—also examines the organizational agility necessary to deliver these services. This concise book shows you how rapid feedback cycles, autonomous teams, and shared purpose are key to making microservices work.
- Understand why microservices require you to think differently about building, deploying, and operating cloud-native applications
- Dive into the popular Spring Boot, Dropwizard, and WildFly Swarm frameworks for designing microservices
- Use Docker and Kubernetes to deploy microservices, regardless of language
- Learn cluster management, failover, and load-balancing techniques for running microservices at scale
Table of contents
1. Microservices for Java Developers
- What Can You Expect from This Book?
- You Work for a Software Company
- What Is a Microservice Architecture?
- Technology Solutions
- Preparing Your Environment
- 2. Spring Boot for Microservices
- 3. Dropwizard for Microservices
- 4. WildFly Swarm for Microservices
- 5. Deploy Microservices at Scale with Docker and Kubernetes
- 6. Hands-on Cluster Management, Failover, and Load Balancing
- 7. Where Do We Go from Here?
- Title: Microservices for Java Developers
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491962077
You might also like
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …