Is microservice architecture right for your organization? These services have many benefits, but they also come with their own set of drawbacks. In this hands-on, example-driven guide, Java developers and architects will learn how to navigate popular application frameworks, such as Dropwizard and Spring Boot, and how to deploy and manage microservices at scale with Linux containers.
Adopting microservices requires much more than changes to your technology. Author Christian Posta—a Principal Middleware Specialist/Architect at Red Hat—also examines the organizational agility necessary to deliver these services. This concise book shows you how rapid feedback cycles, autonomous teams, and shared purpose are key to making microservices work.
- Understand why microservices require you to think differently about building, deploying, and operating cloud-native applications
- Dive into the popular Spring Boot, Dropwizard, and WildFly Swarm frameworks for designing microservices
- Use Docker and Kubernetes to deploy microservices, regardless of language
- Learn cluster management, failover, and load-balancing techniques for running microservices at scale
Table of contents
1. Microservices for Java Developers
- What Can You Expect from This Book?
- You Work for a Software Company
- What Is a Microservice Architecture?
- Technology Solutions
- Preparing Your Environment
- 2. Spring Boot for Microservices
- 3. Dropwizard for Microservices
- 4. WildFly Swarm for Microservices
- 5. Deploy Microservices at Scale with Docker and Kubernetes
- 6. Hands-on Cluster Management, Failover, and Load Balancing
- 7. Where Do We Go from Here?
- Title: Microservices for Java Developers
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491962077
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Java in a Nutshell, 7th Edition
This updated edition of Java in a Nutshell not only helps experienced Java programmers get the …
Continuous Delivery in Java
Continuous delivery adds enormous value to the business and the entire software delivery lifecycle, but adopting …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …