This chapter covers
- Introducing SimpleBank, a company adopting microservices
- Designing a new feature with microservices
- How to expose microservice-based features to the world
- Ensuring features are production ready
- Challenges faced in scaling up microservice development
In Chapter 1, you learned about the key principles of microservices and why they’re a compelling approach for sustainably delivering software value. We also introduced the design and development practices that underpin microservices development. In this chapter, we’ll explore how you can apply those principles and practices to developing new product features with microservices.
Over the course of this chapter, we’ll introduce the fictitious ...