To tackle data in the cloud, you’ll need a solid understanding of core data concepts like relational data, nonrelational data, big data, and analytics, as well as familiarity with the roles, tasks, and responsibilities for those working with data and data analytics. Getting certification might be the key to proving you have this foundational knowledge.
Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals will validate your foundational knowledge of core data concepts and how they’re implemented using Azure data services. It also provides a foundation as you prepare for other Azure role-based certifications, like Azure Database Administrator Associate, Azure Data Engineer Associate, and Data Analyst Associate.
Join expert Emilio Melo to learn what to expect on Exam DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals—and how to best prepare for it. You’ll walk away with a game plan on how to study for your exam and jumpstart your career into one of the most exciting areas of IT at the moment.What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
By the end of this course, you’ll understand:
- The most appropriate workloads for data platforms and modern data warehouses
- The core concepts and domains being tested by Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900) exam
- How to work toward the Azure Data Fundamentals certification
- The fundamental principles of data workloads on Microsoft Azure, including core data concepts, relational database workloads in Azure, Azure offerings for nonrelational databases, modern data warehouse technologies for ingestion, storage, and analytical processing, how to ingest, store, and analyze data on Azure, and the reporting capabilities available on Power BI
And you’ll be able to:
- Pinpoint the most appropriate data platform solutions for a certain customer requirement
- Describe the features of modern data warehouse technologies on Azure
- Identify gaps in your own Azure knowledge
- Effectively prepare for the Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900) exam
- You’re a business or IT professional who wants to become more familiar with data platform workloads, and see the DP-900 certification as a good stepping stone to prove your value.
- You work with data workloads (on-premises or in the cloud, Microsoft or open source) and need to certify your knowledge of the area.
- You want to earn the Azure Data Fundamentals certification.
- Familiarity with data and cloud solutions (useful but not required)
- Watch the “Cloud and Azure Overview” section in Azure Overview: Introduction for Beginners (video)
- Take Exam DP-200: Implementing an Azure Data Solution Crash Course (live online training course with Reza Salehi)
- Take Exam DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution Crash Course (live online training course with Reza Salehi)
- Watch Professional Azure SQL Database Administration (video, 4h 58m)
- Watch Getting Started with Microsoft Cosmos DB Using C#: Cloud Database Support for .NET Applications (video, 1h 2m)
- Watch Learning Microsoft Power BI (video, 3h 55m)
- Watch Create an Azure SQL Data Warehouse in Minutes (video, 1h 22m)
- Watch Information Management Using Azure Data Factory (video, 1h 16m)
- Title: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900) Crash Course
- Release date: March 2022
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920669548
You might also like
Ethical Hacking: Active Recon - Fuzzing web applications using the FFUF fuzzer
In this scenario you will learn how to perform web application recon using one of the …
Power BI Masterclass
Master Microsoft Power BI and learn to perform Power BI Calculation Groups, Power BI Charticulator, Power …
HBR Guide to Critical Thinking
Tackle complex situations with critical thinking. You're facing a problem at work. There are many ways …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …