Chapter 5. Data Migration – Scoping through Delivery
Data migration is usually the most complex and underestimated area of any ERP implementation. This chapter makes you understand data migration requirements, managing the data migration scope, identifying the tools and techniques for data migration, and data validation.
The following topics are covered in this chapter:
- Understanding data requirements and challenges
- Defining what data needs to be migrated
- Source systems involved
- Managing the scope of data migration
- Questions to ask during scoping
- Leading data migration requirements
- The battle of history
- Tools, techniques, and development considerations
- Data extraction and cleansing
- Using the data migration framework
- Building a repetitive process
- Data validation ...