NAV development projects – general guidance
Now that we understand the basic workings of the NAV C/SIDE development environment and C/AL, we'll review the process of software design for NAV enhancements and modifications.
When we start a new project, the goals and constraints for the project must be defined. The degree to which we meet these will determine our successes. Following are some examples:
- What are the functional requirements and what flexibility exists within these?
- What are the user interface standards?
- What are the coding standards?
- What are the calendar and financial budgets?
- What existing capabilities within NAV will be used?
Knowledge is the key
Designing for NAV requires more forethought and knowledge of the operating details of the application ...