Performing Postinstallation Configurations
After Exchange 2003 has been installed and customized, there are a few cleanup and implementation steps you should take:
- Disable unnecessary services.
- Remove information stores that won't be used.
- Set up routing group connections.
- Enable logging and message tracking.
- Delete mailbox and public folder stores.
Although Exchange 2003 does a much better job by not automatically installing dozens of different utilities and services the way previous versions of Exchange did, it still installs some default services that might not be used by the organization. For security and administration purposes, if a service is not used, it should be disabled. To disable services that are commonly unused—such ...