At this point, the target server should be fully prepared and meet all prerequisites. Refer to the “Prerequisites” section earlier in this chapter for a full list of the Director requirements.
To install server roles in Lync Server, the target server must have a local configuration store installed and populated with the topology information.
1. Insert the Lync Server media on the server to be used as an Edge Server and launch Setup.exe found in the Setup\amd64 folder.
2. Enter a location for the installation files to be cached, and click Install.
4. Click Install or Update Lync Server system.
5. Under Step 1: Install Local Configuration Store, click Run.
6. Select Retrieve configuration automatically ...