Installation of DNS on Windows Server 2008 R2 is straightforward, and no reboot is necessary. To install and configure the DNS service on a Windows Server 2008 R2 computer, follow these steps:
1. Launch Server Manager.
2. Select the Roles node and click the Add Roles link.
3. Click Next on the Before You Begin page.
4. Select the DNS Server role check box and click Next.
5. Click Next on the Introduction to DNS Server page.
6. Click Install on the Confirmation page to install the DNS role.
7. Click Close to exit the Add Roles Wizard.
The DNS role is installed on the Windows Server 2008 R2 server, but it has not been configured. To configure the role, execute the following steps:
1. Launch Server ...