The following are best practices from this chapter:
• Deploy System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 for monitoring Lync Server 2010.
• Install the Windows Operating System, Active Directory, DNS, IIS, and Exchange management packs into OpsMgr to monitor network systems and applications that Lync Server 2010 depends on.
• Deploy Operations Manager Components on Windows 64-bit and SQL 64-bit for optimal performance.
• Create override management packs for each application management pack, such as the Lync Server 2010 management pack. Don’t use the default management pack.
• Take future expansion and relevance of hardware into account when sizing servers for OpsMgr deployment.
• Keep the installation of OpsMgr on a separate server ...