The following are the best practices from this chapter:
• Perform an Active Directory health check before beginning the upgrade and migration process. Resolve any issues before starting the process.
• Although the Communications Server 2010 Control Panel might seem more familiar at first, there are many functions that can be accomplished only in the Management Shell.
• Always install the SQL backward compatibility pack to ensure all cmdlets run correctly.
• Resolve any errors in the OCS 2007 R2 infrastructure before merging the topology to Lync Server 2010.
• Publish the topology often and after each significant configuration change.
• Ensure all users and other objects, such as Exchange Unified Messaging Autoattendant accounts, ...