Before a user has the ability to make and receive PSTN calls, he must be enabled for Enterprise Voice. After a user account has been enabled for Lync, the account can be optionally enabled for Enterprise Voice.
To enable an existing user for Enterprise Voice, use the following steps:
1. Open the Lync Server 2010 Control Panel.
2. Click Users.
3. Enter a search for a user who has been previously enabled for Lync and click Find.
4. Highlight the user to be enabled, click the Edit button, and then select Show Details.
5. Click Telephony and select Enterprise Voice.
6. Enter a Line URI for the user. The format for the Line URI should begin with tel:. For example, tel:+12345678901.
7. Select a Dial plan policy for the ...