A network region in Lync Server 2010 is generally a large area that encompasses a number of network sites. These are the hubs or backbones of the network. Each region is associated with a central site where a Lync Server 2010 Front End pool exists.
Use the following steps to create a new network region.
1. Open the Lync Server 2010 Control Panel.
2. Click Network Configuration.
3. Click Region.
4. Click the New button.
5. Enter a Name for the region.
6. Select a Central Site for the region. This is a site in the topology containing Lync Servers.
7. Select Enable audio alternate path if this region allows audio traffic to use alternative routes.
8. Select Enable video alternate path if this region allows video traffic to use alternative ...